Re: Ftoomsh's relocation (fwd)

Sammy Yousef (syousef@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 16:21:09 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Aug 1995, Roland Turner wrote:

> Sadly, the DNS has been setting TTL to 3600000, meaning that cached
> DNS entries throughout the Internet are going to take a long while (2
> months?) to propogate. In the interim, reach Ftoomsh by connecting
> to 138.25.6.1.
>
> (N.B. machines within socs.uts will know about the change immediately,
> so local connections will be unaffected and email will flow, if
> slowly.)

What's happening with forest then? Will ppl who are not aware of this be
unable to get on to forest for about 2 mnths?

* "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, *
* Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." *
* *
* Hamlet Act I Scene V Catchya Later!!!!! *
* Sammy (syousef@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au) *