Re: SoCS DOOM II?

James Richard Webster (jrwebste@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:29:26 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Aug 1995 pmeric@nospam.vnet.ibm.com wrote:

> be problematic. If someone wants to devote 6 months to the development
> of a SOCS "wad" for Descent, go for it... It won't work as well as the
> one we've got for DOOM, and it'd probably take 12 months to get it as
> good as the one Chris/Axolotl made...

Why is everyone getting so hung up about having a SoCS "wad" (or whatever
is the descent equivalent) to play with? Have we spent so much time at
this university, that we can only enjoy ourselves in a similar
environment???

That aside, I think a Descent version of Building 4 and the Tower would
be much more realistic than a Doom version could ever be (given the
frequently n-dimension architecture of levels 3, 4 and 5!)...

BTW, where can one get the SoCS .wad, I hear everyone rave about it,
surely someone has placed it on the Web to download???

Later,
Woody

| jrwebste@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au | MSN != FOI |
| woody@nospam.ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au | Warp 4ever |
| The BloodNet home-page, for the Oz demo scene |
| http://ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~woody/ |