Re: Would I be up for libel???

The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight (baitoven@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au)
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 12:08:18 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Joshua Graham Pitcher wrote:

> Are you a UTS union member? If you are (or an alumni member) then you have
> access to the union solicitor free of charge. I would suggest making an
> appointment with him, as he is responsible for approval of content in all
> UTS publications and I think Vertigo as well.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ACK!! BZZT!! And more disagreements!!

Vertigo is published by the Students' Association. Each year we appoint
a Director of Student Publications to oversee the content of not only
Vertigo but all other SA publications.

Secondly, the Union got rid of their solicitor last year. Now they have
an arrangement with some company or other, I can't remember which. (But
on the good side they gave money ot the Community Legal Center! Yay!!).
And the Union solicitor (when he was a Union solicitor) had nothing to do
with the University's publications. The University have their own
solicitors. And their own monitors for their publications.

Alister

PS - you could try taking the Union up on its offer of free first
consultations for Union members though :)

| Alister Air | "People that are really very wierd |
| Information Studies student | can get into sensitive positions |
| University of Technology | and have a tremendous impact on |
| Sydney --==> Australia | history." <==-- Danforth J Quayle |
| http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~baitoven |