Re: login problem

Ryan Heise (rheise@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 21:28:08 +1000 (EST)

Sparc wrote the following:

> Hi !
>
> Every time I log in to the system, I have to manually source the
> .cshrc file other wise the programs don't work.
> Could you please shed some light on this problem.

You are using tcsh and you have a .tcshrc file in your $HOME so your
.cshrc file will be ignored. Put everything you need from your .cshrc
into your .tcshrc file or delete your .tcshrc file which will make tcsh
read your .cshrc file.

-- Ryan Heise <mac hacker>

"Indeed, it would not be an exaggeration to describe the history of
the computer industry for the past decade as a massive attempt to
keep up with Apple." - Byte, Dec. 94