U T S U N I O N G E N E R A L M E E T I N G ! (fwd)

Alister Air (alister@nospam.milliways.itd.uts.EDU.AU)
Tue, 28 May 1996 09:18:19 +1000 (EST)

Forwarded message:
From: "Nectar Costadopoulos" <Nectar@nospam.ee.uts.edu.au>
To: "UTS UNION ACTION"<nectar@nospam.ee.uts.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 22:09:13 UTC+1000 (ES
Subject: U T S U N I O N G E N E R A L M E E T I N G !

O U R M O N E Y - O U R U N I O N - O U R C O N T R O L

Hello,

I am currently on the UTS Union board, representing broadway
campus. I believe the Union has deviated from its original
goals, which are to provide subsidised services for its members.

The current union board regime prefers to spend millions into
rowing and other off campus ventures at the expence of
essential CORE services. This is taking place because the
organisation has been allowed to operate in secrecy. For
example, meeting minutes are secret, and board meetings
cannot be attended by union members. There is NO public
accountability to its membership....!

Around 50 union members met on Thursday the 9th of May, and
drafted the 18 motions to be tabled at the UTS union general
meeting.

This is a summary of the motions to be tabled :

! The reduction of food and drink by 20%
! Free Gym access to all union members
! Employ UTS students and pay award wages
! To stop spending any more money on the
Haberfield Rowing Club
! Make UTS Union board minutes publicly availiable
! Any proposed transaction over $150,000 be approved by
a general meeting of the Union
! That the Union owned student accommodation,
the Imperial not be sold

Please attend the UTS Union Genaral Meeting on Wednesday the
29th of May at 6pm, held at the union gallery function
centre, level 6 tower building.

********Forward this email to other fellow union members**********

See you there !

Nectar Costadopoulos

O U R M O N E Y - O U R U N I O N - O U R C O N T R O L