Re: [ProgSoc] SSH & Sutekh

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 08:58:27AM +1000, Bryn Davies wrote:
 Does anyone else still get this problem where when trying to connect to
Sutekh ( kind of implied at the moment ) they can't authenticate using
Putty, while the same credentials work just fine if they ssh somewhere

I'm not having any problem with putty direct to sutekh. I bet you are trying SSH version 1 - sutekh seems to not like that but only version 2 (despite what the motd says).

plasma@trogdor:~$ ssh -1 sutekh Password: Response: Last login: Thu Aug 26 13:20:08 2004 from 203-217-19-189.dyn.iinet.net.au <etc. etc>

Sutekh can handle ssh v1, which you can test just as above, but for some odd reason the implementation of things in putty doesn't seem to agree with it, not sure why, but everyone I've run into so far has been able to solve it by making sure they're using v2 keyboard-interactive authentication.