Re: [ProgSoc] Beer cell

* Christian Kent <whophd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-11-03 14:47]:

> We got a serious increase (factor of 2x-3x) when we tripled the amount of
> blotter (we were using different materials, but Chux worked the best)  <g>

So dispense with the blotter (which is only useful if you're making
piles, which you're not) and have the electrodes on opposite sides of
the cell, like Dickie does.  I don't know myself if distance makes any
difference but this would be easier to test than theorise about.

> OK we won't let off a match.  Or you might hear a great "pop" coming from
> that corner.

Eh, no wuckers.  I keep hearing about how the Progsoc false ceiling is
fire-rated...

--
`The trouble with you, Ibid,' he said, `is that you think you're the
biggest bloody authority on everything.'