Re: [ProgSoc] dumpsoc

On 11/16/04 14:49, vik wrote:
 In the unlikely event that there's no direct interest -- what does one
 do with old cruddy CRT monitors?  Are there any groups out there that
 will take them off your hands, or do you just strip them down and slowly
 feed them piecemeal to your Otto?

Seeing as there is a few kilos of lead in a typical monitor disposal in the normal waste stream is not good. Various things can be recovered from the monitor, so they are worth something to someone, but only in bulk I suspect. Community computer recycling/refurbishing organisations such as greenPC and ComputerBank have arrangements with such recyclers I think. Go talk to them.

Computerbank can probably give you advice on where to dispose of them, but they won't want to take them off your hands. They've got to pay to get rid of them too, and the last time I was out there they had a warehouse full of monitors, mostly unusable.

--
Pete