Re: [ProgSoc] ftp account and ISA cards

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 04:49 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Astan Chee wrote:
> > Im quite positive that ISA-to-PCI does not exist. but what are my options
> > if im to reuse the card?
> > oh well, its either the adaptor or an old pc...
>
> There are tons of choices for motherboards these days.  And I'm pretty
> sure you can find one with ISA as well as plenty of modern bits.  Do you
> need some help shopping for one?

Oops, I didn't realise the thread went on before replying to the original
post.  Are you sure there are any current motherboards with ISA?  I'm pretty
sure all major chipsets completely abandoned support long ago on the basis
that ISA not only was basically useless, but its mere presence placed
significant design restraints on the rest of the motherboard.  At least I
vaguely remember reading that somewhere, it's been ages since anyone has
discussed anything ISA-related.
--
David Edney
Computer Systems Officer