Re: [ProgSoc] funny stuff...

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:44:24AM +1100, Ryan Sabir wrote:

> This is quite amusing:
>
> I have no idea what the most direct route is from Haugesund, Norway to
> Trondheim, Norway but someone just sent me the following instructions:
> "http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx Enter Start country as
> Norway. Enter start city as Haugesund. Enter End country as Norway.
> Enter end city as Trondheim. Get directions!"

Ha! That's hilarious. Got passport?

For similarly amusing results try:

Start Address: Canada
Start City: Montreal

End Address: Canada
End City: Vancouver

You'd think there'd be a bit of sanity checking along the lines of:

if ((start_country == end_country) && (next_point != start_country)) {

    goback();

}

Actually, can anyone think of a journey where it's faster/easier/less
hassle to actually leave and re-enter the same country to reach your
destination?