Re: sutekh was: [ProgSoc] More Downtime

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:16:12PM +1100, David John Edney wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Anand Kumria wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:04:03AM +1100, David Edney wrote:
> >
> > > in, maybe I need to mess with jumpers somewhere, I'll check later), but given
> > > sutekh isn't really in use any more, I would hope it's not causing any
> > > problems to have it down a brief while.
> >
> > You continue to say that sutekh isn't being used -- it is.
>
> Well, "isn't being used" for anything that the majority of members rely
> on, such as home directories, sql, mail, web, or any of those things which
> really cause huge problems if they're gone briefly.
>
> > It does a lot of IPv6 tunnels, routing and multicasting. Enough that the
> > load is starting to regularly reach 2.
>
> Since I've never actually been involved in that stuff, I am curious, what
> are we actually tunnelling/routing/multicasting out onto the net?

you would setup a tunnel from you machine to sutekh and you can then
access the IPv6 Internet.  That includes IPv6 multicast which, as it
happens, also means IPv4 multicast.

So, if you've ever wanted to watch IETF sessions you can via the IPv6
broker, etc.

Anand

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux