Re: sutekh was: [ProgSoc] More Downtime

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 02:34 pm, Anand Kumria wrote:
> > Since I've never actually been involved in that stuff, I am curious, what
> > are we actually tunnelling/routing/multicasting out onto the net?
>
> you would setup a tunnel from you machine to sutekh and you can then
> access the IPv6 Internet.  That includes IPv6 multicast which, as it
> happens, also means IPv4 multicast.
>
> So, if you've ever wanted to watch IETF sessions you can via the IPv6
> broker, etc.

I understand the concepts of tunneling, routing, and multicasting IPv6
packets, I understand we allow you to access the "IPv6 internet" (which AFAIK
is basically just IPv6 encapsulated everywhere as normal IPv4) , but rather I
was asking what benefits that offers beyond just being IPv6, and what actual
content is being streamed so much that is pushing sutekh's load so high,
since I wasn't aware that there was much available on IPv6 which wasn't on
IPv4, beyond perhaps IETF sessions, since they're a body trying to push IPv6.
--
David Edney
Computer Systems Officer