Re: [ProgSoc] Infuriating Downtime

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 05:39:07PM +1100, David Edney wrote:
> Anyway, I'm thinking I may go all-out and try upgrading orgo to 2.6.11 from
> source, in the hopes that the newer kernel may fix both the APIC errors and
> this newer problem.  I know you personally seem to have a huge thing against
> 2.6,

I have no problem with 2.6 on desktops either[*]. I certainly would be
reluctant to run it on a server, especially doing RAID1.

But I backup the important bits of my home directory, so a data loss
situation at Progsoc wouldn't be so devastating for me.

Cheers,
Anand

[*]: Apart from the IPv6, scheduling and other related bugs

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux
April 18th to 23rd   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -       LINUX