Re: [ProgSoc] hrm..

On 07/06/2005, at 12:05 PM, Andrew Halliday wrote:
microsoft is using PowerPC
mac is using intel
and debian sarge has gone stable.

While I'm not enthusiastic about having to remove or alternate case all my PPC Assembly for fat binary compatibility ( run everything through Rosetta? Ah, I'll pass. ), I wonder if we'll be able to use ICC's Intel C compiler in XCode now. All due respect for the amazing engineering effort that GCC is, but it's code generation could be a little better ( particularly on PPC, which this won't help with, so I have no idea why I brought it up ).

 B.

--
"There were too many of us. We had access to too many, uh, too much money.
Too much equipment... and little by little we went insane."