[ProgSoc] Re: My speakin' and writin'

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:28 am, Joseph Madani wrote:
 ] Since when weren't (whoops, sorry...were not)we allowed to shortcut our
 ] way through the English language on this mailing list???
 ] U R 2 pedantic!

 I stand corrected.  Your usage was right.  I was wrong.  Sorry
 about that.  (I'll refrain from dwelling on the inherent evils
 of $3.50 bourbons.)

 ] Don't get me wrong, I wish someone had pointed out that I had written, "I
 ] would like to compliment the bridesmaids" (which sounded like complement)
 ] instead of "pay my compliments to the bridesmaids" before my best man

 I think I'm missing something here -- they're effectively homophones
 to my mind (or ear).  The good thing about weddings is that pretty
 much everyone is off their respective nut quite early into the
 proceedings.  One of the few compelling reasons to turn up to most
 weddings, IMO.

 ] I haven't got anything to add to this....I'm just waiting to see if
 ] someone on the list points out the best mp3 player to get under $300
 ] before the end of the year.

 You mean, you know what it is, or you want to know what it is?

 I think we're a few years off the ideal device, and it's really very
 frustrating.  802.x capable handsets won't be with us until the end
 of the year (a friend is testing them at the moment), and it'll be
 another year or two before they're acceptably dimensioned, have
 respectable battery life, and come with a decent media player &
 storage combination.  Carrying multiple devices around is a right
 royal pain, but the convergence everyone's promising looks like
 remaining vapourware for a while yet.

 ] Not fair! I'm on sudafed and coca-cola....same deal applies to me.

 Sudafed is back on the market?  Oh my.

 Jedd.