[ProgSoc] Software Freedom Day 2005 - September 10th

Linux Australia and SLUG is proud to announce Software Freedom Day on
September 10!
Software Freedom Day is a global initiative to celebrate and give back
to the community by taking Free and Open Source software to the streets.

SLUG will be celebrating Software Freedom Day by distributing CDs in the
central Sydney CBD, whilst holding an installfest for Linux and any sort
of Free Software at UTS Broadway.

For the day we'll have all kinds of SFD gear to give-out, including
balloons, stickers, temporary tattoos, etc. Our aim for the day is to
raise awareness of Free Software.

Of course, with all events of this size, SLUG is after volunteers for
the installfest or getting out on the street. If you are interested in
helping out, be sure to let Pia <pia@xxxxxxxxxxxx> know, so we can
organise hand-out permits and who's where. :)

For people unfamiliar with the free software out there, we encourage you
to drop by the InstallFest at UTS on the day, running from 10am 'till
4:30pm in room 2.5.30 (Building 2, Level 5, Room 530).

Hope to see you out there!
 - Chris.

(For the *socs out there receiving this, you guys are definantly invited
and I'd like to encourage you to pass this on to your members).