[ProgSoc] Fw: Job Openings - Tech Support Role

Hi guys!

Could you forward this to anyone you know that may be interested in a full-time tech support role for a security server (physical real world electronics security, not IT security).

Regards,
Kevin Wong
MITS Founder
www.clubs.mq.edu.au/mits

Summary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Hiring 2 people for 1 role in service/technical support
* Immediate full-time position
* Long term job security
* Some field work - not always stuck in an office
* Enjoys seeing customers and helping fix their problems
* Our hardware product is very security industry focused
* Must have good network (TCP/IP/UDP) knowledge
* Must have experience troubleshooting & fixing network issues (mainly WinXP Win2K)
* Must be able to communicate and train end-users effectively on fixing their problems
* Must have good phone manner
* Must have attention to detail
* Must have drivers license
* Ideally have personal interest or knowledge in electronics, security & surveillance (wireless systems, IP cameras, CCTV, smart cards)
* Willing to travel, mainly NSW, occasionally interstate and possibly overseas
* Ideally have experience in an IT tech support role (phone and on-site)
* Ideally have Cert IV Assessment & Workplace Training

Detailed Description
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been asked to help recruit 2 people for a new role in one of the companies I work for. Both people will be doing the same role. These positions have not been advertised yet as we are quite busy.

We have launched an exciting new product that is basically a fanless server that looks like a giant heatsink (almost like a mini XBOX). It runs QNX (a real-time operating system) and connects to a network to manage security systems around the world at up to 32 sites.

Example 1: a bank or large retail chain may install one in their head office to monitor the security of 32 branch offices for break-ins, burglaries, etc.
Example 2: a university may install one to give access to 50,000 students and staff to various rooms and facilities across 10+ buildings across 3+ different campuses, even remote ones interstate.

These servers link up to 32 "clients" which are security panels which may each have over 500 electronic security devices connected (such as card readers, door locks, security sensors, alarms, strobes, biometric readers, cameras, video servers/recorders).

There is a hardware component but mainly a software component to this role. The server it is programmed through a thin-client GUI located on a laptop and practically no coding is required. It is a reasonably sophisticated product requiring a structured and strategic approach to programming.

We are looking for 2 motivated individuals to provide on-site and in-house technical support of this product which is in high demand. There is next to no competition in the product category, it is a market leader.

So if tech support of this security product would interest you, in a company with great staff, then please contact me directly on 0412 884 309 during office hours for an informal chat. I will be in Canberra, Hong Kong and New Zealand over various dates over the next 2 months, so please leave your name, number and message if i do not answer your call.

Also forward this to anyone you know that may be interested in a full-time tech support role in electronics or IT.

Kind Regards, Kevin Wong MITS Founder www.clubs.mq.edu.au/mits

Product Manager
Hills Industries - Direct Alarm Supplies
10-12 Wiggs Road
Riverwood NSW 2210