TV series (was Re: [ProgSoc] Serenity Now!)

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Catherine Flick wrote:
Am I the only one who just watches the ABC news, Lateline, Enough Rope, and Foreign Correspondent?

Nope, I watch all of those too (although I only watch Enough Rope when someone interesting is on). I was talking purely about the different TV series I watch which are unavailable here usually for about a year. And even when they do screen here, quite often then not they pull them halfway through the season.

I tend to wait for someone to lend/give/show me the DVDs when they come out, sure beats the ads anyway.

Well, most TV rips have no ads. But yeah, I'm the same with you for most shows. For example, Scrubs is too far into the 3rd series for me to download EVERYTHING and watch it all the way through. I just hire the DVDs. But Prison Break and Over There are relatively new, so it's easy to catch up now if you've missed the slow moving ball.

Dave, I know you watch Surface too...I just watched episode 3 last night and I'm starting to think that it's a bit El Dodgo too. Gotta love the special effects of 'Ol Faithful erupting huh? Pure class :D. That said, the story is good so should the special effects (or lack thereof) get in the way of what could otherwise be a good series? I'll watch S01E04 tonight and make up my mind then.

PS: Jedd has suggested that we create a seperate mailing list for this type of discussion, considering everything we say *is* being publicly indexed. Does anyone else agree?

-- Nathan ~CSO