Re: [ProgSoc] Serenity Now!

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:09 pm, Bryn Loftus wrote:
 ] Also, Exetel has a 42GB plan for $80 unbundled, plus 22GB offpeak, at only
 ] $1 per GB excess. You can actually do more then 22GB offpeak to- but you'll
 ] get deprioritised in the following month during the off peak time only.
 ]
 ] However, if you ARE deprioritised you can opt into Fairplay on a night by
 ] night basis to be unprioriotised by have a 300mb limit.
 ]
 ] Sounds complex, but basicly its 42GB + $1 GB peak, and 22GB plus unspecified

 It *does* sound complex, and I should have mentioned that one of my
 requirements is to avoid that level of complexity --- I think it just
 encourages them to come up with yet more capital-p Plans that are
 impossible to comprehend.  Same theory that the mobile market is
 based on -- make your contracts impossibly complex so no one can work
 out if they're getting a decent deal or not.  Calls between certain
 hours of the day to certain places in the country, depending on
 whether you're related to (or friends with) the B-end, and what
 carrier they're on ... no wonder they're worried about VoIP.

 But I digress.

 Bryn, I noticed you'd sent that to me -- I think the reply-to field has
 gone walkies again during the recent list changes.

 To come back to the topic (subject, not list) I saw the fillum this
 afternoon.  You know you're in nerd heaven when you, along with
 everyone else (all 17 of them) in the theatre fit a certain profile
 (male, alone, and laughing at all the right places (which proves
 you've seen the series)).

 Damned fine -- beautifully shot, I think, much like the TV series,
 and obviously with much improved CGI.  Suspect it would lose much
 impact on the small screen.  Not sure if they intend to make a sequel,
 but I got the *feel* from this one that they had little intention to
 do so.  Nothing I can put my finger on, and there's certainly scope
 to do more, it just came across that way.  Shame, if that's the case.

 Jedd.