Re: [ProgSoc] uts.edu (Now with 10% more rant)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Christian Kent wrote:
Rob, probably best you don't reply to all next time, would be annoyed to
the admins.

Meh, that doesn't bother me. What DOES bother me though is when people reply to both the poster and the list. Does that shit anyone else to tears...getting two (or more, I've been on to,cc and bcc before) emails every single time a messages is directed at you on the list? Well, it shits me.

When I reply to a post, I either send it to the list (if it's relevant to the whole list) or direct to who it's intended for. Not both.

Am I being pedantic, or have others noticed this too? I wonder if I can create a rule in PINE which automatically adds the reply-to header when I post to progsoc@.

PS: In case you're wondering, this rant was sparked by Andi who *attempted* to post to the list, but instead sent something to me THREE TIMES. But, it's not just Andi...I've noticed everyone except Rob (I think) just hits "Reply to all".

-- Nathan ~CSO