Interesting shit (was Re: Top Posting et al (Re: [ProgSoc] I'm going into progsoc tonight.))

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Chris Mewett wrote:

(who only succumbed to posting after realising how long he had spent
trying to work out whether a top post was justified in this case given
that the quotes are references more than part of a discussion)

Nah, you're kidding yourself if you thought you needed to quote anything at all. Fidonet taught me about conservatism in byte usage, though I realise the irony in replying to this message re this. (Therefore:)

On other topics, I think Andi has a great point. Meantime, I'm trying to reconcile being paid for something I'd love to do as a hobby ... and wondering why the heck it's so hard to enjoy once you're being paid. It's a whole "WTF" thing for me. Must be coz I have cat genes.

And while I'm here, let's start some ProgSoc Podcasts. This all-too-bright idea comes off a discussion the other day from Myles, who pointed out all the expert areas that a lot of us have. We should have weekly-ish talks on Thursdays for everyone to come along to, and advertise them around the building.

On this idea, one of the CompSoc guys pointed out we also need some basic topics -- I suggest as a support gig, type of thing -- so that it provides something of actual usefulness to first years. Get them to come, and tell them about getting a website started.

My proposal involves:

1.  A good microphone
2.  Strict 5 or 10 minute limits on the actual 'speech'
3.  Though, with unlimited question time and going off on tangents

Yes, basically I just want to get Myles drunk and broadcast it on the web.

CK.