Re: [ProgSoc] Does anyone use IRC (other than Rob, the IRC fiend)?

I havn't recently, but every now and then I go on IRC to ask questions about uni related things... It would be nice if we had access to it from the progsoc room at least... Worst case scenario I can just ssh home and do it from there... or port forward :p

Nathan de Vries wrote:
Matthew Beauregard wrote:

Eh, why? One presumes they're not blocking MSN Messenger...

Dave Morrison wrote:

Current port 6667-6669 traffic used for legitimate IRC services is virtually non-existent. The rest of the traffic is worms/virii connecting and attempting to connect to IRC to join botnets.

In an attempt to limit malware connecting to botnets and hence the impact such malware has on UTS services...

-- Nathan ~CSO