[ProgSoc] The woeful state of ..

 .. digital photo printing in this country.  Very sad.

 A quick surf has revealed that there's a 427% price differential
 on basic prints between providers, around 20% of the players
 (particularly at the cheap and cheerful end of the market)  insist
 that you use their software (and their software only runs on guess
 what OS), a third of players list their sizes in metric only, a third
 in imperial only, and the remainder list both (we've got to think
 metric, chaps, every inch of the way!), and few mention their
 cropping policy (seemingly most of them auto-crop, and that'd just
 be painful, particularly if they don't auto-detect whether the print
 should be in portrait or landscape).

 I've looked for some review sites, but they seem to be based solely
 around UK and US print shops.  I went through about a dozen local
 providers a few years ago, and jotted down comparative prices .. but
 it all got stupidly confusing given the non-standard sizes on offer,
 and a mobile-phone-plan scale obfuscation when it came to various
 print this many of these and get that many of those offers, and of
 course everything has changed in the past few years.

 So -- who do you recommend, and why?

 Jedd.

 PS.  Hear hear is a phrase often used in political circles, and
 reflects the utterer's recommendation that you listen to what the
 first speaker was saying.  Tomorrow, the etymology of toe (not
 tow) the line.  Film at eleven.  Et cetera.