Re: [ProgSoc] AGM nominations

On 3/28/06, Bryn Davies <curious@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 02:01:48PM +1100, Andrew Halliday wrote:
>  BIT? *COUGHS*
> Move along, nothing to see here.
> Again, he's a n00b who hasn't posted or participated.

Are you bitter about not receiving a nomination or something?  Run
against him - I'm sure you can find someone impressionable to nominate
you.  Personally, I'd be happy with the Union Club presidency you
already have over at Out2Party.

I was Prez of Out2Party in 2004. That just shows you how good the Union is with its records. I haven't had anything to do with that society for over 18months.

I have no interest in getting a nomination. A nomination = work. I can't commit to that seeing as I'm not on the UTS campus anymore. I participate and help out where I can. I pretty much want to do what I did last year.
That said, as a member of ProgSoc, I have a vested interest in how the society is run. Please consider all previous communications to  be relevant to this interest.
And finally, I have only  made such potentially offensive inferences as based on my experiences as a student and Tutor/Lab Assistant in UTS:IT classes. If you check my emails (just sent)  you'll see how easy it is to change my mind.

I think the board positions are, by and large, going to be more trouble
than they're worth for the nominees.  If they want to take on the extra
responsibility, they have my thanks for doing so.

Why do you think I haven't asked to be nominated for something? I don't want to either. The point was that there had to be some sort of element of trust invested in Exec's and that I had a concern about Kris, which I have since dismissed.

5.4 has nothing about experience being required to take a position -
just that the member is willing to accept, and in good financial
standing. Your email, and particularly your comment about "BIT" makes
you come across as a major league asshole.  Are you a major league
asshole, Andi?

At times I have been accused of being as such in the past, although not in those specific words, and it was often more directly stated.
Being a ProgSoc member though, we should all have our asbestos suits at hand so we don't get burned during flamewars. I still think that on average BIT's suck, but that said Kris is an active member of ProgSoc which shows that he knows enough to mean that he's an exception to the trend.

Bryn.

p.s. Starting next week I am teaching my preschoolers to beat anyone who
uses the word "n00b" in serious discourse about the head and neck with rakes.

Stay away from the children Bryn. Besides, you shouldn't encourage them to do things they can't. My head starts 1.8m above the ground, which is nearly more than twice their height. That said, point taken sir.

-Andi.