Re: [ProgSoc] Stupidly priced MP3 player

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 03:48 pm, you wrote:
> You have until 5:30 to call your local DJs, or 5:00 to call me (0403 896
> 613).

Well, in the end I was only able to get one for myself, since the other one
in-store was broken, and that late in the day I simply couldn't get any other
stores who could help me (though I believe that some other Progsoccers
managed to get some directly).  However, playing around with this I now know
that you don't actually need the AC adaptor, it runs fine off USB power only.
Since my brother and father both want one, I'm going to be seeing if I can
possibly get some tomorrow without the power adaptor (since that's what is
actually behind the requirement to get rid of them).  If anyone wants me to
try to get them one, email me by 9am tomorrow morning.  I should admit, it
looks like you *do* need the power adaptor if you want to reflash the
firmware, but not for any normal use, and in any case it appears to be a
stock-standard 500mA 5V AC-DC converter (plus, heck, you can borrow mine if
you really need it).

On a totally different note, damn did my posts travel fast.  I had someone
come into my store who had just been told by their boss, who had heard from
someone else, about the MP3 players, come into my store expecting it for $100
about five minutes before closing, though I had to tell them our only one had
been sold (to me...).  So damn, that spread fast.
--
David Edney
President