Re: [ProgSoc] Fwd: [Re: [ADMIN] Cisco Gear, Network Write-up]

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 08:23:49AM +1000, David Edney wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 00:02, Andi wrote:
> > Lab idea great. (tick) We can put it in a sandbox area for people to play
> > with and see how it goes for a year.
>
> Yep, no question the sandboxed lab gear should be available for members.  Make
> ourselves actually useful for once! :)

Ok, I rang up DCom and gave him the news.

We'll initially be receiving something along the lines of:

- Three 2611 routers
- Three switches (forgotten the model numbers)
- Maybe some serial cables

He's having a look to see whether we can get a firewall or two,
depending on what the Cisco courses require.

He'll most likely be around next Thursday to drop the equipment off.

--
Rob Howard
Computer Systems Officer