Re: [ProgSoc] SSH keys problem

On Thursday 18 May 2006 11:36 pm, Roland Turner wrote:
 ] Definitely not. known_hosts is, and must be, under the client's control.

 Grokked.

 ] Host w2k3svr
 ]   ProxyCommand ssh -e none fw1 tcpconnect -ir %h %p

 This, along with a User parameter, works just beautifully.  (I've
 not played with any of this stuff before.)

 ] - I use the %h and %p parameters because many copies of this line appear
 ] in my config. Clearly, you can use the IP address and '22' directly if
 ] you prefer.

 A brief pause as I worked out that /etc/hosts and tcputils needed
 to be modified/installed on the two fw boxes .. but the %h %p
 stuff certainly looks neater in my config.

 ] - It is likely that, once you've sorted this out, you can turn
 ] HashKnownHosts back on.

 Done and done.  Many thanks for your explanations.

 I'm guessing that there's no way to reverse the algorithm for the
 hostnames in the known_hosts file -- so you can work out which
 lines refer to which hosts -- in the name of worm damage control?

 Jedd.