the annual set reply-to debate by Christian was: [ProgSoc] cityrail esoterica

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 05:28:28PM +1000, Christian Kent wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2006, Robert Howard wrote:
>
> >Just an additional note...
> >
> >... Why the hell do you lot keep including me in CC list? I'm on the
> >progsoc list, it's not as if I need a double copy of everything. D-:
>
> Why add manual labour to the process?  The real question is:
>
> - why doesn't reply-to-all remove you from the cc?
>   answer:  my mail client doesn't know you're on it
>
> So the REAL real quesion is:
>
> - why does the progsoc@progsoc mechanism send you a copy of the email,
>   when it can plainly see your name on the TO or CC of the email!?

Because it can't know your preference.

Either we'll need to upgrade majordomo to something which allows for
that, or Rob will have to set Reply-To when he posts to the progsoc list
to specify 'progsoc@xxxxxxxxxxx' and then your email client will do the
right thing.

Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are