Re: [ProgSoc] Re: Reply-To

Anand Kumria wrote:
Only in your strange notion of reality. You are in a pub. Jedd is in a
pub. Specify progsoc@xxxxxxxxxxx is like appealing to the wider pub audience -- specifying a reply-to to the list is like saying you want
everyone to hear the answer; whereas specifying yourself means you want
jedd to whisper into your ear only.

I don't want any replies from 'The ProgSoc Mailing List' at all. I just want my subscription to the list serviced.

I send messages to the end-point 'The ProgSoc Mailing List'.

I also have a push-based subscription to 'The ProgSoc Mailing List'. That is, when messages arrive at the 'The ProgSoc Mailing List' end-point I expect a message processing component to dispatch a notification to my subscribed address via SMTP so long as I'm subscribed.

If someone wants to talk privately with me then that's their business. They know my email address.

I don't expect 'The ProgSoc Mailing List' will ever reply to any message I send to the list. Although others who subscribe to 'The ProgSoc Mailing List' may receive my message and decide to post new and related material to 'The ProgSoc Mailing List'.