Re: [ProgSoc] ipod battery

On 6/13/06, Myles Byrne <myles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok. It just struck me as strange that on the one hand you "didn't
have the time" to read the article Michael pointed to (one may
consider this essential to reply intelligently to his email), but on
the other hand responded that "time is relative" to Michael's lack of
time.

That assumes that I was replying concerning Michael's problem specifically. I was directing my reply at the concern that too many peopl put faith in incompetent retailers and regardless of what they should rightfully expect, was saying that they'll often have a better time if they deal directly with the manufacturer on such things. For Michael my ramblings were irrelevant but seeing as I didn't address them to him in particular but rather to another related issue I thought relevant it hardly matters whether I read his blog and whatever else it entailed.

Additionally if you still work in IT but "don't have time to read
blogs" I strongly suggest you take a break, get interested in your
field again, and pick a few worth reading. Or did you already learn
everything at university?

There is a reason Myles that I am studying up the road from UTS at USYD. I'm studying Biology and Geoscience because I want to get out of the IT field and get into environmental systems management. IT does interest me on a hobbyist or research level, just not in the business level where it is most often viewed as a tax or utility and stupid managers don't want to spend money or listen to what you have to say. That's beside the point though. I have not learned everything at University, although I'd imagine I'd have experience at least equal yours. Oh yeah, and when I said I don't read blogs, I do blogs of notable industry figures, just not random people.

-Andi.