Re: [ProgSoc] Incubus httpd down again?

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 11:20:06AM +1000, jedd wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 July 2006 11:12 am, Robert Howard wrote:
>  ] I'll probably go with turning it off by default, but letting people turn
>  ] it on in .htaccess - if we're running with suPHP, people can clean up
>  ] after their own scripts.
>
>  I'm not sure that once you disable it (/etc/php*/apache*/php.ini)
>  you can enable it again at a user level.  I wouldn't expect htaccess
>  to have any influence with it anyway.  But who knows ...

I'm pretty sure you can change it with the php_flag directive, eg.

php_flag register_globals on
php_flag short_open_tag off
etc.

>  It's something that has been discontinued, or at least strongly
>  advised against using, by the php community since the release of
>  php5 -- so if it's causing problems, I think you should just announce
>  the intent and then drop it.

*Shrugs* I'm tempted to leave it as an option - things such as, say,
osCommerce (if you really have a burning desire to write extensions for
it) require register_globals to be on.

--
Rob Howard
Computer Systems Officer