Re: [ProgSoc] Easy / dumb (take your pick) dyn-HTML question

jedd wrote:
 Switching divs in and out .. sounds deceptively easy.  Does
 that necessitate a page reload, or there are functions to generate
 a refresh of a labelled (?) <div>...</div> section?

Something like this:

  http://www.jj5.net/file/2006-07-07-134946/2006-07-07-132504.html

'Just write a general function' sounds deceptively easy.

Browser quirks are what will catch you out. I have no idea how the code I've shown works in various browsers.

 From this evening's reading, iframe may be the go, though the W3C
 recommends object tags in preference .. depending on current support
 for that tag.  They then say that iframe might be preferable .. given
 lack of object support.  Talk about covering your bets.

I'd probably use iframe over object if you're going to go down that path.

 I've not used iframes or objects before, and come from a long history
 of doing truly ugly things with tables (this was before divs existed,
 honestly)

Tables are still a solid bet. Web clients are crap.

No .. I really do hate JavaScript.

Leper! Unclean!