Re: [ProgSoc] Easy / dumb (take your pick) dyn-HTML question

On Saturday 08 July 2006 3:30 am, Myles Byrne wrote:
 ] You can actually do this with css (which may or may not be turning
 ] complete (that's right john, bring it)) but it involves some

 I'd looked at the CSS version of this early on .. but it was pretty
 ugly, particularly as I wanted to toggle the img/button as well
 as generate some 'over there' text changes.  The bodgying up of
 the source images was also pretty inelegant, and scaling things
 up looked like they could get real messy real quick.

 Actually, now my big problem is the true ugliness of IE's support
 for transparent PNG's ... or rather, its complete lack of support
 for same.  There's a few bodgies out there (again, js) that kind of
 fix this oversight, but in turn they break the onmouseover stuff.

 And people do this kind of programming for a living ... ?

 Jedd.