Re: [ProgSoc] Printing to Dev/Null in Windows

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_sink

The equivalent device in CP/M (and later DOS and Windows) is called
NUL:, and on some versions of DOS just NUL (for example, one may hide
output by directing it to NUL, e.g. PAUSE>NUL, which waits for the
user to press any key without printing anything to the screen). Under
classic Amiga operating systems, the device's name is NIL:. In Windows
NT and its successors, it is named \Device\Null internally, though,
the DOS NUL is a symbolic link to it.

On 7/12/06, victor rajewski <askvictor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I vaguely remember DOS having NUL or NUL: or something, but whether
it's still about in windows is anyone's guess