Re: [ProgSoc] Programming Idea - Web App

I can't think of a more perfect response to "let's build yet another web 2.0 personal organiser" than what John just posted.

That scrybe thing (really shitty branding, they should fire their marketing people), could go either way, the UI certainly looks impressive.

One thing this scrybe guy got right that might be useful (and doable) in an open source context is a decent javascript API for reversable animated transitions. For example:

I have a blue box in the top left corner of the screen and a button at the bottom of the screen. When I click the button the blue box begins to grow and transform into a red box 3x its size. If I click the button again while this is happening it reverses the transition and begins to animate back into a small blue box.

This is actually quite a tricky problem to solve elegantly. If you want to see an example of an ugly implementation, look at the code for displaying the little 'i' button on any dashboard widget.

James you want to have a crack at the first implementation?

-- Myles