Re: [ProgSoc] Victor's repeated email

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 6:28 pm, Roland Turner wrote:
 ] You didn't provide the next (well, previous) Received: header in each
 ] case, but I'm guessing that it was via incubus?

 I like to keep 'em guessing.

 There's lots of SA references to exceeding the 240s timeout in
 the exim logs .. I've been discussing this with Rob offline, but
 we can only bump that up to just shy of 5m before you suffer
 some serious (as opposed to slightly irritating) issues.

 mail.progsoc - currently incubus - is seriously under-resourced
 as far as memory (350mb) goes, and certain people (whose names
 shall remain CK and Anand) are able to chew sustainably chew
 up about a third of the available CPU just to read mail.  No, I don't
 know how either ... nor is it a reflection of their clients (epiphany,
 pine) more than, say, a reflection of the grunt of incubus.

 ] This doesn't quite explain why it's only this one article, but if
 ] there's a non-bounded time test in spamassassin et al which is content
 ] sensitive, and Victor's email is tickling it, then this is at least
 ] remotely plausible.

 I'm seeing four or five examples of this phenomenon at the moment.

 Jedd.