Re: [ProgSoc] Sydney's Ugliest Building

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, James Kirsop wrote:

Saw the following on the SMH site today:
http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=23171&sy=smh&source=smh.com.au%2F&t=61B4SH&player=wm6&rate=3&flash=0&ie=0

Do we really think the tower is the ugliest building??

I have learnt to love Brutalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalism

The ABC ran a British documentary on this the other day. It concentrated on the Tricorn Centre in Portsmouth, which is marked for demolition, and proposed that we should be trying to preserve some of these examples, since we'll never see them built again -- and they are a part of our history.

CK.