Re: [ProgSoc] Anyone else get an invite to StudentFace?

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 15:23 +1100, Elden wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, James Kirsop wrote:
>
> > You find me a job and I'll stop doing promotion stuff.
>
> "Do XYZ for me and I'll stop doing ABC that negatively impacts on you"
> sounds like extortion.

Or Afghan opium. At least Afghan farmers really can claim a shortage of
alternatives (Maccas doesn't recruit there).

> I shoveled dirt, put signs up in shops offering cheap computer repair and
> support, built websites and made the occasional bit of armour for
> reenactors. I had other more conventional jobs of course, but all of those
> paid cash, which is important if you're eligible for any sort of
> government hand out, because it doesn't eat into your benefits.

(cough)

Naturally you are not advocating unlawful activity?

(4.3.2 ... "bring discredit on the Society" ... "acted in a manner
prejudicial to the interests of the Society")

- Raz