Re: [ProgSoc] VMWare - what to use on the bottom?

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 16:19, victor rajewski wrote:
> I'm about to set up a laptop; I primarily use ubuntu, but will
> inevitably be needing to use windows apps, and am administering a
> windows network, so I want to run windows on it too. My initial plan
> was to use VMWare, but can't decide which OS to run virtually. Any
> considerations or thoughts here? Or other solutions?

One thing to check out would be what the license for windows says about
running it in a VM. I'm not sure, but I'd guess you'd probably have
more luck complying with your license terms if you had windows
installed on the real hardware and ran Ubuntu in a VM.

One thing to bear in mind is that WinXP will only allow you to use up to
2GB of physical RAM. So... if you had more RAM than 2GB, WinXP will
never be able to make it available.