Re: [ProgSoc] REST vs. HTTP in the real world

On Tue, 29 May 2007, John Elliot wrote:
> > So the solution is to give your sections descriptive names, and let
> > the computer handle the numbering.
>
> That's just so hopelessly naive I don't even know where to begin with
> it.

I'll give you more credit, and observe that you've unearthed a necessary
distinction between URIs which serve as nouns, and URIs which serve as
pronouns.

In the general case there is no way to know if a URI represents a 'noun'
or a 'pronoun'.

I think that if URIs do not map to 'files' then they are
probably 'pronouns'.