Re: [ProgSoc] REST vs. HTTP in the real world

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 18:17 +1000, John Elliot wrote:
> I'm not saying that what I demonstrated is *the way* to implement a
> shopping basket, simply that it's the *RESTful* way to implement a
> shopping basket.

And I disagree. I would be treating the cart as a resource (so I can
transfer the state of my client to the server, if needs be), adding
product URIs to it, and then submitting the cart to a checking out
resource of some kind.

Quick question...have you done much integration work with web services?
Can you give an example of one you liked, and one you disliked?

> ...to mock me is to betray your ignorance.

You've mocked all the replies so far. I figured I'd join in on the
fun :).

The cause of the jest is the feeling of "oh shit, I'd stab myself if I
had to integrate with a system like that".

Cheers,

--
Nathan de Vries