Re: [ProgSoc] co-lo in Sydney

On 27/06/2007, at 12:53 PM, Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale wrote:

Andrew Halliday wrote:
Biometric(palmprint)+card+PIN access control

But are there flashing lights?
Little red LED blinkenlichten to tell you when your fingers aren't in contact properly with the pad.

My pricing is a little out though because we moved to a caged area late last year from the managed racks service.

What's the difference between these two, just out of curiosity?

We moved from a single rack to a 3 rack caged area. (http:// progsoc.org/~arh/cage.pdf)

Cage:
Cage cost is $2460/mo
2x 10A/240V/AC 10x IEC outlet primary power rails mounted in zero space on the sides of racks are $530/mo total
2x 10A/240V/AC 10x IEC outlet redundant power rails mounted in zero space on the sides of racks are $240/mo total
1x 3Mbps (95% committed base rate with bursting up to 9Mbps allowed for 5% of the time) connection (quota free and full duplex) $1950/mo
1x redundant failover port of above service $250/mo
2x cross connects at $120/mo total
thats $5550- exGST and $6105-/month after.

Before we were paying $950/mo for the cage but that was bundled with 2x primary power, the net connection and the cross connects as detailed above.
We can add a third rack to our enclosure and all we have to pay for is the additional power rails and the capital cost of a rack (about $1200)

-Andi.