Re: [ProgSoc] Drying up, hands or money

Benjamin Johnston wrote:
Come on, everybody. It's just an advertisement on a hand-dryer.
...but it's not really, is it? What's your attitude toward spam email,
for instance?
The complaint is that there's "No Space". I can't even go and piss
without someone trying to infect my mind with an idea that a product or
service is something that I should desire.
I think it's just one of those things where you either value your space,
or you don't. My personal "space" is all of the "places" my body and
mind occupy during the course of my life. If that "space" is being
spammed by things that I don't like and I'm powerless to stop it, then I
can find it invasive and feel compromised.
I can empathise with those who have a considerably negative emotional
reaction to advertising. Even when it's "just an advertisement on a
hand-dryer".
The funny thing is that advertisements make me hate the brand. So... if
advertising works, I guess most people aren't like me. I suppose that's
why they call me a nerd.