Re: [ProgSoc] Drying up, hands or money

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Myles Byrne wrote:
> I just bought the Nokia e65 which I think uses the same or a
> version-before OS. Same story, plenty of potential, terrible
> execution. Slowest. Nokia. Ever. Battery barely gets through the day.

 I'm a Nokia bigot, having played with all kinds of phones a
 while back (including some that didn't get approved into
 this market).  It's hard, once you've been there, to move
 away.  My 8810 is nearly an antique, but it remains the
 smallest, lightest, longest-lasting phone that Nokia sell, even
 5 years on.  Kinda sad, I think, that.  Battery life has gone down
 to maybe 3 days now, but $20 for a new battery will return me
 to the heady era of a week's worth of standby.  Compare $800+
 for a phone that weighs more, takes up more space in my pocket,
 and when new will still only give me two or three days standby.

 Every 12 months or so I hop onto their web site and do some
 comparisons using their rinky dinky flash app .. and a half hour
 later I'm reminded why this stuff is so popular with teenagers.

 (Why haven't any of the Apple fantasists mentioned the iPhone yet?)

 Jedd.