Re: [ProgSoc] Drying up, hands or money

Roland Turner wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 19:32 +1000, John Elliot wrote:
http://blog.raz.cx/?p=51
Pfft. Purely analytical. You can't prove anything. ;)
_Anything_? Not even Goedel's Incompleteness Theorems? :-)
Well, I really meant you can't prove *that*. :)

That's an old idea, btw. I heard that one a few years ago, but I heard it put simply as: either humans will never develop the capability to run ancestral simulations, or, we're almost certainly living in a simulation.
But... I can't think of a way to falsify either possibility. ;)

Did you know that we already have "the truth"? It's right here, in this word: truth.
You don't need to prove "truth", because "truth" already contains
everything which is true. ;)
...as for the *content* of that concept... oh, boy. Tricky. :)

We're just a part of the universe experiencing itself? ;)