Re: [ProgSoc] ProgSoc software development project

Right now its unoffical, but trust me I have heard enough from people in ITD to know what they are planning. I have worked and talked with a lot of people who worked for are working for ITD. I was hinted many times during conversation that this would happen to us. ITD is not going to formally put it into writing, thats as good as calling it black mail(description of our situation from a former ITD staff) then.
It would not be difficult to make this a reality, just mail ITS we are
dropping wireless support, and watch what happens after that.
As I said, I am not thrilled with it, but we need to do it. Yes some
people can't help out in person, I understand that, but not everything
in progsoc requires you to be in person, heck we even discussed doing
wireless support via e-mail but noone wanted the job.

I cry FUD!
Have we been formally notified that we have to do this in order to keep our IP range and internet connection?