Re: [ProgSoc] Webservers and ASP.Net

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 08:21:54AM +1000, Bryn Davies wrote:
>  Hello pr0gsoc,
>
>  It is cool that we have development webservers for testing things out
> on.  I've used incubus for lots of php and python web fiddly bits in
> the past, and that is great.  Have we ever considered dropping in a
> box that would allow us to test asp thingies out?
>
>  I'm learning it at the moment for work, and have thus been playing
> around with it in my free time.  It can do some pretty cool stuff.
>
>  * Is anyone else interested?
>  * Is there too much work involved in keeping a windows IIS box around
> and happily living on the progsoc network?
>
>  B.

I am curious to know how many members would be interested in doing
Windows development (IIS + ASP(.NET?)/PHP/Perl/whatever) and if there is
interest we may be able to work something out.

The issue of maintainance could be a problem, however the more immediate
problem might be licencing. We are already having to go the long way
around to gain a licence for the Windows 2000 box that is being set up
to allow members to configure and test the Cisco equipment...

Short answer: If enough people are interested it might be possible, but
it may also involve some chatting up of Microsoft and finding a willing
admin or two.

SanguineV