Re: [ProgSoc] Webservers and ASP.Net

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 08:21 +1000, Bryn Davies wrote:
> * Is there too much work involved in keeping a windows IIS box around
> and happily living on the progsoc network?

Yes. Too much work.

I am more than happy to install QEMU on Eidolon, so you can run
instances of Windows within it and install whatever the hell you like
(including IIS). You will need to sort out licences for each of the
products you chose to install.

Alternatively, we can do the Apache + mod_mono dance, given that Mono
has complete support for ASP.NET 1.0 & 1.1.

Cheers,

--
Nathan de Vries