Re: [ProgSoc] Text editors/Web dev apps for the Mac

John Elliot wrote:
Plural: Jameses (although I prefer James'es. I'm not sure about this one. I think it might be grammatically correct to say something like "those named James" or something like that)
Or maybe "James"es. :)

Singular possessive: James's
This suggests that:

 http://www.bartleby.com/141/strunk.html

But, it's pretty easy to prove anything on the internet. The opposite for instance:
 http://grammar.uoregon.edu/case/possnouns.html

Or, null:

 http://www.meredith.edu/grammar/plural.htm

Plural possessive: James'
I'm not sure about that. If "James's" denotes singular possessive then
"James'" is available for denoting plural possessive, which is what I've
always understood as the reason for "James's" in the first place.
I give up. Never mind. Carry on.