Re: [ProgSoc] Have you registered to vote yet?

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 10:30 +1000, John Elliot wrote:
> It seems a little ridiculous to me that people would get a warm gooey
> feeling for donating money to a charity, and feel resentful about paying their tax

I believe that I've got more of a say in how my money is spent by
donating to a charity/service/programme with finite boundaries in an
area I'm particularly concerned about (e.g. the "Give 1 Get 1" OLPC
scheme).

I can't help but feel that I'm relinquishing control in a non-productive
way when I contribute through taxes.

Cheers,

--
Nathan de Vries